possible upgrades

Guest Tomg
This post is 6710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

as i am 16, have a bike and am stupid i have decided on a few things i would like to do with my bike over the winter when i am not using it. :) first off i am going to repair all scratches on the bike so it looks like a new bike for next year when i begin to use it again more, and as i am selling the bike at some stage next year. long way off but you have to think about these things. the other stupid thing i want to do is to fit a new exhaust pipe. i am sick of my bike sounding like a pathetic weedy peice of shit :( . to me and all of my friends my bike looks brilliant and i love it. it looks great and rides even better :P . but is there anything i can do about the exhaust note? that is the only thing that lets my beaty down. so i was wondering if anybody had any ideas or recomendations as to the best things to do for repairing scratches and about a new exhaust. :D cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lets your beaty down? is this some kinda new young folk talk? :blink: as for the exhaust, leave it standard! if your selling it, there's no point and you wont get any more cash for it, it'll cost you more. regardless to what you do to the exhaust it's always a 50cc mate, they always sound well...a bit lame. give the bike a good clean, polish, service, look after it till you sell it, and put the exhaust money towards your next bike B) dont mean to sound like i'm slagging your 50 btw, just telling it like it is

its ment to be beauty but my bad spelling. yeah i agree with you liquid. save the money for my next one sounds like a good idea. :P i also agree that 50's sound a bit lame but you get over it!! i did. i will look after it needs a good clean at the moment just been out on it today. filled up with petrol, top up of the castrol oil, some clean water and anti-freeze and re-inflated tyres should keep it well during the winter. :)

Gotta concur with my mate LC ;) ...It'd be far more efficient to spend your hard earned dosh on the next bike you get. It's always gonna be a 50 & will always sound like a 50.....but I understand your need for a better exhaust note. Me & LC were 16 once, & take it from this 43 yr. old fart :P who's been riding Yamaha's for the past 20 years......that need never really goes away! :D

Knowing that you're gonna sell the bike next year, you'll be far happier upgrading the exhaust on your next bike.

Just a friendly bit of advice ;)

cheers guys for the advice. a new exhaust will be better on a a different bike. can you recommend anything for repairing scratches on fairing?

Hmmm see now everyone says that, but ive been thinking recently. I had far more fun doing up my 50cc than bigger bikes. 50's are cheap to do up, esp the tzr because they've got the mineralli am6 engine in them it means u can squeese loads of extra power out by not even changing to much. I would say if u were to change exhaust also change the jets in the carb only go up a couple though (think i found them for a coulpe of quid each so i brought a load of diffrent one likes). And then put a K and N style or similar air filter on. Also on 50's whack pro boost in there because for some reason that adds loads of feelable power to standard and modded 50's. At the end of the day its your choise on what u spend your money on, it would be wasting it spending on a 50, but it is one hell of alot more fun spending on a 50 imo anyway :)

and yea it will always sound like a tinny 50, but when i had my leo vince exhaust and k and n style filter to me it sounded loooooads better (i dont think it actually did to anyone else around but thats not the point :P )

can you recommend anything for repairing scratches on fairing?

You'd be surprised how much Armor-All can hide some of those. ;)

page1115381907.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online