Not a DT175E Rebuild

mcferreira100
This post is 3965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

By the way..fitted new clutch gasket today..oil in and came straight out again. After some swearing found out I should apply gasket sealer to both surfaces...I am learning the hard way.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

By the way..fitted new clutch gasket today..oil in and came straight out again. After some swearing found out I should apply gasket sealer to both surfaces...I am learning the hard way.

Thats not the case ( no pun intended)

I have never had to use sealer and have therefore been able to re-use the same gasket many times over...you must have a lump on one of the mating surfaces

Well not being a mechanic..i have to ask why should one use gasket sealer (isnt that what the gasket is for??) anyway its leaking worse than before so i will do anything short of welding the damn cover on. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the pubic hair of the guy who decided everything mechanical needs to be in a oil bath.

OK..seems gasket sealer has solved the problem. Luckily I have some diesel mechanic buddies as I come from the earthmoving industry. They organized me a good gasket sealer used on Caterpillar earthmoving equipment (518 flange sealant). The clip in the pic makes a huge difference to kickstart action. The original was sitting a little loose on the shaft so i bent it closed in a vice. You would think that should be ok but when fitting an original new clip from Yamaha it sat a LOT tighter. Fitted everything back in place and VIOLA..kick action back to normal. Stuck some gasket sealer on that cover as well. So seems both bikes OK..will check tomorrow morning for any leaks.

5u9f.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online