DT175 G Starting Problems

mcferreira100
This post is 3961 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Your on the right tracks " the choke plunger has a rubber washer on the end , it seats down on top of jet tube, when you had it out ,you shudda blasted down thru with carb cleaner, till it came out bottom of the long brass feed plpe, a;so check the rubber on plunger for wear :eusa_think: ,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well blew compressed air and carb cleaner again through every hole I could find to make sure air coming out the other end..so hole A and B definitely clear. If I still don`t get joy will take the carb in to have done properly. Must still check reed valve although someone said shouldn`t effect starting..more to do with power once on the go.

Ok..she started again after some fuel into the cylinder and put some in the carb. Ran for about a minute..revved a little but don`t have tank on so didnt have time to get warm. Did fiddle with choke to try kill it with no response (but she wasnt warm). Happy to hear her run a little while so feeling bit better. Main objective now is to get tank and plastics painted so I can mount them and get some serious fuel to this carb. Posting some pics on DTclub forum. What about my mixture..I went 30 to 1..maybe some more fuel in the mix to get her going?

Found no oil in the gearbox. Put in some oil and noticed a leak by gear lever output shaft. Is this quick fix?could use some advice here.

GREAT NEWS!!..she started and ran nicely..revved her up (carefully on the revs as new rings must bed in)..set idling..must get chain on and take her for a run..indicators work..horn works..just headlight not working. I think must have been putting the carb bowl in some boiling water and blowing out all orifices..and I did re-adjust the airscrew again. ..unless its the new paint job making her feel better. Also followed the 2stroke starting procedure I found somewhere. Now I need to sort out the gearbox leak. Went thru some of the gears while standing, then no surprise the leak gets worse.
Thanks for all the advice..much appreciated.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online