Getting a new fazer

Lew
This post is 3989 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is this the last new /unreg Fazer 600 S2. The bike is a 2010 model new and unused. I live in Spain and currently ride a Kawasaki Z1000SX. At 64 the bike is getting to heavy for me now, love it to bits but it has to go. Anyway I was in a dealers the other day looking for a suitable replacement. Nothing took my fancy as I really love the Kwacker. I mentioned to the saleslady (yes)lady I once had a 2005 fazer 600 and loved it. she suggested the FZ8 but I have a limited budget so she did a search on the Yamaha Spain website looking at the Diversion class bikes. I was looking over her shoulder and spotted a naked FZ6 with ABS dated 2010. I pointed to it and asked her about it, she phoned Yamaha Spain ? I assume. Yes they have one left, it is a yellow one, no doubt that is why they have one left. Anyway they are bringing it to the dealers on Tuesday/Wednesday for me to have a look at. I have already made up my mind I will buy it as I loved my first 600 so do not know of any reason why I will not like it second time around. It has been discounted but is not cheap 6250.00 but there is nothing out there to compete at that price bare in mind that VAT in Spain is 21% but it is coming with the full 2 year warranty. I have looked at various used bikes but as this will likely be my last bike thought it would be a comfort zone having a new one and the 2 year warranty as well. Am I mad or what.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good buy lew, :thumb: be down on power comp to the SX1000, but smooth, and nimble...

Good buy lew, :thumb: be down on power comp to the SX1000, but smooth, and nimble...

Aye she will be but if memory serves me right they are still a rocket ship. I am mostly ridding the back roads and mountain roads out here in Spain , live here all the time now, have just retired. The SX is a wonderful machine but I just do not need the 140BHP she bangs out. Also the old knees are shot so need something that is a lot lighter and I can flick around. I am thinking it will extend my time ridding bikes. I loved my last one and only sold it as I wanted a litre bike to go touring around Europe, went to a CBF 1000GT, great bike but was so bloody boring it would send me to sleep. Got the SX new in 2011 put nearly 20,000 miles on her and everytime you started her up just got a big shi-eating grin on my face. A real fun bike but sadly it is getting a bit heavy for me now. I know it will take a wee bit of getting used to but I know I will enjoy my biking again as it is a worry trying to keep the sx upright at inclined junctions etc!

Lew