1980 Yamaha mx 100 dual purpose conversion.

This post is 3935 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Continental tkc 80

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I lost interest a long time ago with this project but,why are you going to spend a ton of cash on this bike,when you could buy a cheap bike and just ride it,and keep the mx 100 for goofing around on ..would seem much simpler to me. There are tons of bikes to be had for less than what your going to spend on this .and faster more reliable.

The speedo won't work with the 6v system and stuffing in a 12 v battery wont fix the problem.

Now if your still dead set on doing this buy a bicycle speedo it has its own battery and will work cheap @ 50 bucks,but you still need some way of running the lighting system,and as far as I know there is no lighting coil avable to fit the mx 100 but I could be wrong.

I know that in Alberta, basicly there is no laws reguarding what you can and can't drive on public roads ,but for you own saftey you should get a real street bike/enduro for roughly 1000.00 bucks you can get a bike that will be set up for street riding and better than the mx 100 a old seca 400 or a xt 250 350 would be the better choice and your going to spend way more than that tring to get this project done.

I'm not tring to sound like your dad but realy your wasting you money atempting this http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=505170460 here is a example of what is avalible in your area took me 5 min to find it and dude only wants exactly 1000.00 bet you could offer him 900 and get it http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-2010-Konker-SM200-W0QQAdIdZ505170460 this is the whole ad and the bike only has 1000 kms them suzis run for ever,if it wasn't 35 hrs away I go buy it,second though you better get on it before I set up a deal with the guy.

Well the bike cools now. In third gear I can still get the tire of the ground after shifting. And I've been riding it for three years and I haven't had a problem with it. I may just get the dt hub because I'm planning on getting new rims and spokes. I'm see spending 500 tops on it an i got the bike for free so it's a good deal. And I've ridden it in town early one morning on the street and it was the greatest experience of my life. The sound of the motor echoing off the houses was just phenomanal!! I'd like to live that every day basically. And I dont care if it

Can't reach 100 (it can though) because I hardly go 90 ever in my truck.