New member, new rider

This post is 4031 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce my self and get some feedback on my bike selection. My name is Vlady, i'm turning 30 this year and I never really ridden motorcycles. After trying out my friends motorcycles I got addicted and now after convincing my wife, I will finally purchase my new bike. I am taking my MSF course later this month and after that I plan to purchase WR250R. After were long consideration of different bikes and styles, I kept coming back to WR250R. I'm 6'4" and most bikes that I would sit on just would feel so crammed to me. At first I was going to buy a cruiser because sport-bikes are just not for me. This way I could go on rides with my friends who own cruisers or sport-bikes. But after seeing how much fun I can have on the dirt I wanted to buy motorcycle that can do both. After further reading I understood that even dual-sport WR250R can be great at both. For a while I though about two motorcycles, but I finally decided to settle on just one motorcycle and to do the only logical solution. Buy WR250R and get two sets of rims and tires. This way i can have street tires set that don't sacrifice traction and don't have loud humming coming from off-road tires. Than have another set of DOT approved tires that are designed for more off-road use. I worked with cars for some time now but don't have any experience with motorcycle so I am not sure how easy it would be to do and if it is a practical solution? Also I heard that stock WR250R can be upgraded for more power and torque, so if someone have any recommendations please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

P.S. Planning to buy PW50 for my son. He about to turn 2 this year so wanted to get them dirt bike that he can grow into.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

welcome to the yoc forum fogbox, I don't know much about dirt bikes but you'll get plenty of advice on here.

if its good advice, well thats another thing. enjoy your new bike, happy riding.

Also wanted to ask if anyone knows of conversion of WR450F into street legal bike? I heard about them before but don't know what to look for or what I might get into trying to do it myself.

Welcome fogbox" You get a WR450 with lights, thers a post on here, search for it,,, the only thing about riding a enduro of Small CC, is your friends have big bikes and you"l be flat out to keep up, say 70/80mph, 250, or 450 , will be howling along,,

Welcome fogbox" You get a WR450 with lights, thers a post on here, search for it,,, the only thing about riding a enduro of Small CC, is your friends have big bikes and you"l be flat out to keep up, say 70/80mph, 250, or 450 , will be howling along,,

If I have extra set of rims with street tires can I change sprocket on rear wheel to change gearing to allow for more comfortable freeway riding?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online