Hi new member here

This post is 4035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Just found this forum and joined. I live in Southern California.

I recently purchased a 1970 Yamaha 250 Enduro DT1C.It's going to take some work to get it going again, but I'm looking forward to the task.

I've been riding and racing off road more than 40 years. I got my son started when he was 6 yrs old (he's 30 now). We mostly ride vintage Husqvarna's now, but I also have several other off road bikes.

Also, currently restoring a 1969 Yamaha 250 DS6C Scrambler.

Thought the DT1C would be nice to have something to putt around town on, without having to drive to the desert first.

Look forward to helping when I can and will probably have more than a few questions along the way.

Ron

photo_3.jpg

1970Yamaha250DT1C006.jpg

1969Yamaha250YDS6008.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey ron" nice piccy"s, i had a CR430 Too, was a pig to start, [ short kicker] thats a 250& 430 by the looks of them,,, :jossun:

Nice collection there! :welcome: aboard!

• Admin

Welcome aboard Ron, you have some nice bikes there.

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome.

The Husky's are a 77 250CR and a 79 390CR.

The pic of my son and I was last Nov/2012 getting ready for the Elsinore Gran Prix, made famous by the early 70's motorcycle movie "On any Sunday".

The course still uses some of the original course up in the hills around the lake, but only has about 200 yards on the paved city streets now.

Back in the 70's we went right through downtown with folks trying to cross the street in front of us.

Now we have 6ft fences everywhere and spectators are not allowed anywhere on the course.

Insurance reasons most likely.