cs5 not getting any spark on the kick.

hawichaway
This post is 4035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

getting spark with the electric start but when kicked over i got nothing. any suggestions? the armature looks a bit gunked up so i was gonna try to clean that but i cant seem to figure out how to get the bolt out of the end of the shaft to access it. hopefully the armature isnt screwed all together cause from other posts ive gathered that it seems to be a pain to remove and if necessary acquire a new one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

GET A BIKE MANUAL. Then read it.

Just ripping into it without knowledge will be the death of the bike and your enthusiasm.

If it sparks on the electric use that to get her to run initially. Those leccy starts are complex and expensive dont fuck with it if your not sure.

The kick will just operate the same parts of the bike as the electric starter, Just slower so I am surprised that there is only a spark on one method.

Have a look at the YA project thread for some help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online