frame numbers to reg number

pablo0874
This post is 4040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i was wondering of anyone could help me in anyway i only have frame numbers on my dt 125 lc mk1 no engine number no reg no v5 no name of previous keepeer etc ,

been in touch with dvla with frame number and they just senyt my check back and said if i didnt have reg number well its no go i would have to have the bike examined by a sva then they would do somethinng ,

is there anyway of finding out the reg details etc with the frame number only with some hpi check or something just a thought.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Contact Paul Dawkins off this site to see what he might be able to do to help.

You can get details of previous registrations from the VIN - use search on the site.

You can contact Yamaha UK and talk to their customer service and they will be able to verbally age the bike and say what market (Country) it is from over the phone.

If the bike has not been registered in the UK you need to hope that it is a European import or you will need to pay import duty on it.

This should do for a start.

• Like 1

Contact Paul Dawkins off this site to see what he might be able to do to help.

You can get details of previous registrations from the VIN - use search on the site.

You can contact Yamaha UK and talk to their customer service and they will be able to verbally age the bike and say what market (Country) it is from over the phone.

If the bike has not been registered in the UK you need to hope that it is a European import or you will need to pay import duty on it.

This should do for a start.

how do i get details of previous registrations from the vin use search on this site ?

ive already conntacted yamaha they confirmed it was a 82 dt 125 lc so that would be a mk 1 and its 12 w so its restricted uk reg isnt it , cheers for the reply

There are 3 choices.

1) hope the frame has been allocated a reg number in the UK at some time.

Email this guy, who is not part of this site

[email protected]

See if he is still offering the vin to reg service. You will need to pay for this even if there is no information on the DVLA database.

If a reg number has been allocated then apply for a replacement V5 as the new owner.

2) get an age related plate

Get the bike up and running.

MOT it on the frame number

Insure it on the frame number

Get a dating certificate from Paul Dawkins from this site (payment required). I would check with Paul before going this route as to what he would require to issue a dating certificate.

An import form showing where the bike came from and that the import duty has been paid, if appropriate.

Request a V55/5 from the DLVA online.

Fill in the form and take the relevant documents to your nearest licensing center or apply online (a fee is payable and there is a cost for the road tax).

The bike may need to be inspected at this point.

3) get a Q plate

Same as above but no dating letter of it the bike has been made of a lot of replacement parts. A matching (or close) engine number would help you to get an age related plate.

You say that you contacted Yamaha. Did you call them or email them? If you email you get very little back (in my experience), if you call them they are generally very helpful. You need to identify where the frame came from if it was imported.

DT

I recently attained an age related plate for an auld Triumph. There was no reqirement to get the bike Insured and MOT'd anymore. All I had to do wassign a SORN declaration form. I did have to get it inspected, but that went easily enough

That is interesting Jimmy. Was it the '59 Triumph as vehicles manufactured before 1960 (or thereabouts) don't need an MOT anymore. The current V55/5 still asks for an MOT (if applicable).

DT

It was, but it was before the pre60 regs came in. I went to the DVLA office in Glasgow with the dating cert, pics of my bike (including close ups of engine and frame nos) as well as library pics of the model. Filled in the SORN dec and got a call later that day arranging a visit to the VOSA depot. The vosa guy was reasonably knowledgeable and friendly enough. 10 mins later I was told I would be issued with the age plate

• Like 1