R46

Dark 46
This post is 6787 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I tested a R6, and had the bike for an hour. I went threw Bristol and up the motorway, on to the ring road and threw the outskirts to get every sort of road avalible. I thouroughly enjoyed the ride. The only niggle I had was that there wasn`t a fuel gauge only a warning light, but thats not a great problem.

So today I have been out tyre kicking today. There was something in the back of my mind saying "test something else just to make sure you don`t make a mistake of ordering a bike that is not best suited in the class for me, taking in comfort and usability and everything else." You can`t really buy a bike becuse it`s the first you try as you don`t really kno whats out there. So I`ve been tire ticking.

I tested a Daytona 650 and a ZX-6R, noone had a CBR avalible of GSXR-600. The Daytona is a bit lumpy and loud. Still very capable and quick. But it was that little bit to harsh on tick over, and the seat problem of it being too thick. It just mean`t I was streching just a little too much and felt a bit unstable at lights.

The ZX-6R I found to be easier to ride, but a few probs like the rubbish mirrors and no storage at all, didn`t help. The bike itself ran beautifully , like all jap bikes really smooth. But the complete lack of vision in the mirrors with no real adjustment, isn`t good if you want to ride quickly. Plus on the motorway I couldn`t see on the behind me or in the outside lane at all. No chance to see a PC in car up your ass! There is a lack of colour choice with the ZX-6R and the dealer was pushing for a order. I must say dealers at both centres were very good and letting me have the bikes for an hour each.

The dealer with the Daytona really made me a mouth watering offer with accessories thrown in and a great prcie. But it was that little bit to harsh on tick over and the seat problem.

Have really given the nod to the R46.

So ordered the bike last week. I have alarmed the bike with a Acumen Cat 1 alarm and put a seat cowl on it.

Just reg here as I`ve been looking for a R6 owners club and this is the nearest I could find.

Next Saturday I pick up my bike which is a R46 no 952. :D I just can`t wait. Does anyone else here have one?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

nice bike! cool mini, needs some more lights on the front though! honda cbr 125 is nice as well. love the paint job of the r46 have you read or reading valentino's autobiography? is anyone except from me?!

Not got the book yet hope to get it for Christmas.

I love the car so I don`t care. Beezkneez not my fault you got no taste in cars!

Don`t like the new spots there too small.

I love the car so I don`t care. Beezkneez not my fault you got no taste in cars!

you a blond 22yr old hairdresser like :P:lol: if so then nice car..if not then god help you son :unsure:

you a blond 22yr old hairdresser like :P:lol: if so then nice car..if not then god help you son :unsure:

You couldn`t be further from the truth!

I`m 40, short, dark, fat and hairy and it`s my 14th Mini!

If it was a convertable it would be a hairdressers car.

• Admin

I sooo nearly brought a real hairdressers car the other day, a 95 Mr2 turbo... it was only because i was missing my bike and wanted something faster.. got over it though ;)

You couldn`t be further from the truth!

I`m 40, short, dark, fat and hairy and it`s my 14th Mini!

If it was a convertable it would be a hairdressers car.

i used to work with a guy who's sideline was chopping minis :P (before mini convertibles were out) ;)

he done some real cool work.

I sooo nearly brought a real hairdressers car the other day, a 95 Mr2 turbo... it was only because i was missing my bike and wanted something faster.. got over it though ;)

Now that IS a hairdressers car!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online