SPY 5000m PAGER ALARM INSTALL

sparky67
This post is 4154 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all i`m thinking to fit a spy 5000m pager remote start alarm to my Yamaha DT 125 RE 2006 i`ve done some research only a few problems to iron out first,most of the wiring is basic but help with the following i would appreciate

• Is it compatible with my DT
  • Grey and Pink which i think is an immobilizer
  • Blue which is remote start

F46WG5IGJQE90QO.LARGE.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is what I think:

Pink/Black & White - this breaks an existing wire from the key to the CDI and then this circuit is "made" again when the alarm is disabled. You will need to cut a wire in the loom.

Blue - This needs to go to the low voltage of the starter relay. This will not work (remotely start the bike) due to the clutch inhibitor switch.

Just more to go wrong.

The system will kill the battery. What good is remote start on a bike with a manual choke.

I will stay in the stone age with my remote right foot.

Eventually as it slowly drains the battery but with a decent battery the bike should be OK for a week or two of not starting it. I don't mind alarms but a lot of people do have an aversion to them. I would never retro fit one but would get one on a new bike purchase.

Be aware that most insurers require an approved alarm fitted by a registered dealer/fitter to get any discount.

BTW, where abouts in the East End are you?

i too was interested in some form of security rather than an alarm i was after something like a tracker im sure i read somewhere online that there is a one that you can pinpoint where the bike is and also texts you aswell as having little battery drain.. that would do me atleast if i knew where it was i could get a few of the boys together in a van and make a few enquirys.

i know most of the theiving retards so word gets around very quickly

like pointed out there is no point in trying to remote start a manual choked carb, if its cold you wont get that started in a hurry...

ive never been a fan of alarming my bike neither i would rather fit some decent locks and ground anchor the gps tracker would be the last straw

ken

I saw some cheap 12 volt SIM card ones on fleabay a while ago. You can use a phone tracker app to log onto the tinterweb to see where your bike is.

yeh that kinda thing but not the cheapo chinese horse shit stuff though, god i try avoid buying stuff from china and hong kong direct as there quality is terrible.

looking for an iphone on ebay and the amount of "look alike phones" is unreal direct from china lol erm nope

ken

So not a good idea then to fit an alarm the DT is kept in a locked garage with a ground anchor but was thinking while you was out or at work. I've got the viper pager on the 5 series and if someone walks near it gives a warn away chirp which alerts you on the pager which good any ideas

I have told this tale before but a friend of mine will forever regret helping a bloke in leathers get his bike on a recovery truck.

'poor fellow' had lost his keys and was being recovered. Alarm screaming away. Wayne helped.

Turns out they were nicking it. Broad daylight. Cos of the leathers and helmet no one took the slightest notice.

A big lock locked too something. In truth anything that takes time and makes noise works. All your doing is making it harder to nick than the next bike. Shitty i know but thats how it is.

Spend the cash on a good lock. I have a padlock that locks the chain to the sprocket. A discloc for the front and a d lock to lock it too something.

All easy enough to carry. The d lives behind the headlight the others fit in your pocket.

cheers lads i wont ask santa for the spy 5000m alarm i`ll get him to send pants and socks for a change :eusa_angel:

Socks and pants............. It is times like this that I miss my dear old nan.

Riding with clean underwear should be in the highway code.

• Like 1