G'day all

This post is 4159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New member from Australia (would you believe it?), and I'm looking at getting back into bikes, had a another brand of road bike, which I won't mention, and I'm not far off buying my mate's DT175 for $800AUD. Just came across the site looking for more info on the newer models, as we kept making them untill the late 90's if I recall.

Anyway, I'll probably post a heap of help me topics when I actually get it, but I'll ask a few here now. The main one being, what oil do I run in it? I've grown up with chainsaws, so I know my way around 2 smokes, but autolubes are a new thing for me. I also want to jet it at some point, are jets readily available, any recommendations for jets and settings? It'll end up being recreation registered (non arterial roads and out of town), so I'd like to tune it for light offroading, but still be good enough to ride at 40-45mph for up to 30-40 miles.

And here's a picture for extra brownie points

http://imgur.com/EIVHn

Cheers all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and :welcome: aboard!