opinions needed on overtrousers...

Cynic
This post is 4129 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

anybody used these Frank Thomas dri viz over trousers. Mine are disintergrating and these look like a good replacement.

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/viz005-dri-viz-over-trouser-black-fluoro.html

The main point being the leg zips meaning i dont have to freeze in the warehouse bogs getting changed. As instead of swapping from leggings to trousers i will be able to wear my work stuff underneath.

And js are doing last years for under 60 notes....

Are they good/bad?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My rst jacket is no saint when it comes to leaks but it does well enough unless it really chucks it down.

Its the easy on and off that has me interested as the leg zips go the entire length of the leg. Not just a bit at the bottom for your feet.

If there are any others like it bring em on as mine are about fubard and getting em on and off every morning makes a big difference in a freezing toilet at 430.

man i borrowed a pair of my mates gortex berghaus over pants a year back when we done a bit off roading they stuck in my mind because the zips went from top to bottom and they took like 2 seconds to put on and take off aswell as being water proof...

they where about £90ish im looking for them for myself.

if you find a decent pair hell let me know them full zips up the side are worth there weight in gold i tell yeh

cheers

ken

Hmmm. No comments good bad or otherwise.

Normall negative tripe is all there is on the interweb. Think i might risk it and take a punt.

At the end of the day.....

Positives.

Water resistant shall we say.

Armoured

Abrasion resistance

Can be worn over or as trousers

Full length zip down each leg and velcro waist mean easy on or off.

Have high viz panels

Negatives

Made by frank thomas. That could mean great or naff and its a crap shoot as to which......

Ok one pair of overtrousers ordered.

Paypal at 19.25 on the 8th December.

Lets see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Well they turned up 3 days later and seem ok.

They keep the water out. They are far warmer than regular waterproofs and the armour/padding while basic is where it matters. You can also wear what you like under them.

The zips run 99 per cent of the way up the leg and the velcro has a hell of a grip. Its a weather seal that seems to work.

If i'm being negative i think the zips could be better quality. And the waist adjustment is crap. I have got some clip on braces that work ok.

Overall.....7/10

I think they are ok. Some things could be better but nothing drastic apart from the waist adjustment. For 60 quid i am warmer, drier and better protected and able to wear normal clothes underneath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online