XT125X electrical starting problem

This post is 4143 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i was riding to work, then the almighty god let down a little snow storm and motorbikes and snow dont go hand in hand, some idiot infront of my broke so sharply and swearved i ditched my bike and went tumbling down the road, now my yammy wont start on the button but somehow does start with the kickstarter? and body have any ideas?
i mean as the electric start was working? :eusa_think::shakeno:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you have more then likely caught a part of the wiring when it went down and either completely snapped it or damaged enough to prevent electric from going through? good luck trying to find where it broke as a new loom can be quite costly :( hope ur okay !

How did she go down and what damage was there.

well, it was the road conditions on the way to bloody work, and it starts snowing :eusa_shifty::eusa_doh: so i carry on with a new level of 'trying to keep safe' so i slowed down, any way going along one of the 'school mums' broke so sharply on her brakes, causing me to panic and brake sharply, motorcycle braking sharply on snow? not a good idea and ditched the bike, as soon as i finished tumbling, i stood up moved the bike, everything still worked, electric start worked and everything, its been these last couple days that its fucked up, i mean on the dash its coming up as minimum battery even after i ride it for a good 30mins, and now the starter motor wont even turn over, but the werid thing is now when i try to start while the bikes running it acts as a kill switch?! which im confused about, and to add more stress on my mind, another idiot who over took me as i exited a junction hit me with his side mirror on his V10 audi q7 2 days before my accident, and i dropped my bike got back up and thought what a cunt, end of it, next thing i get a letter through the post saying that i drove off and failed to produce any details!? this isnt what i fu*king need ... i mean back to the xt, it still starts goes and everything, its just the battery? maybe its dead, maybe its flat and not holding charge, maybe its the reg?!
thanks for a promt reply guys
Pete

i bet he fucked off thinking he'd get away with it..then realized he had some damage to the car and knows what it will cost to fix. so now hes trying to pin you for it so he dont have to pay for the new paint on his fancy cunt car? ....in an ideal world if he didnt even stop to see if you were okay he should be the one in shit, but who knows.

hope you believe in karma man....

I've just drafted up a letter so send to the plod, I'm trying to get all the positive karma I can, because all motorcyclists are painted with the same brush as hooligans, so let's see if the plod still try ang get me don't for wreckless driving, driving without due care and attention, and no respect for other road users

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to buy a new battery, I suggest you get an AGM type. I recently replaced mine with an AGM and it's been great. Not sure if I'm too late in posting this but this is what I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0070WTTGC

As for getting shafted by the Audi driver, good luck winning your case if it goes any further. Investing in a helmet camera would have been ideal in these situations.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online