DT400 - the big-bang build

stroker crazy
This post is 4089 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

No progress on the DT tear-down over Christmas - I've been side-tracked by making a fairing for the 'Ace'.

However the parts collection continues -

A new can to replace the ugly, restrictive, and heavy original;

item.JPG?

First three oversizes (just in case!):

item.JPG?

Crazy

• 1 month later...

Looks great and they're a fine looking bike, but then I would say that as I've got the same one!!

What paint did you use on the barrel, head and the crank covers and what preparation did they get (assuming you needed to paint them)?

Paint was VHT SP906 satin black got two cans from ebay £7.99 each, preperation on the head and barrel was Ultrasonic degrease (I have acess to a degreaser at work) then scotchbrite inside all the fins. The cases were treated to the same prep except fine wet and dry.

I know the side panel over tool kit is missing but my friend has original cover so I'm thinking of making a fibre glass mould the locks are avaliable from Yuniparts so might be worth the investment as probably could sell a few once mould is done, unless you know of anyone making them?

Before

before_zps626d3771.jpg