HID headlight conversion

mental mickey
This post is 4165 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,has anyone tried one of the HID kits off of eBay or aliexpress yet? I'm thinking of doing both lights on my 04 R6. Any usefull feed back and recommends on who to buy from would really helpful.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Iv thought about hid recently too but i think im going to just try better bulbs first.

Aren't HID'd illegal? I need to upgrade my headlight badly.

My understanding of the legality of HiD's is not the light itself that is illegal but the lens cover as they say it can not cope with the high levels of heat. I have then fitted to mine and never had a problem with them although new legislation on the MOT say they must also have a washing device so the lens is kept clean to avoid dazzling other drivers although my intepretation of this is, that its for cars only as I have never seen a headlight washer on a bike. It also goes onto say about the correct alignment but that has always been the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I ride a 2010 XJ6 Diversion and bought a HID kit from ebay and fitted it no problem about 20 minutes basically plug and play, I also replaced the side light(the little diamond above headlight) with a white led to match the HID as the light looked yellow next to the brilliant white. No problems to date and I don't know if its my imagination but less cars are pulling out in front of me

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online