1999 yamaha sr 125 starting problem

dansr125
This post is 4251 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all first thing im new to this site so hello every one :)

secondly- i was riding my sr125 yesterday and all was going fine i was doing about 60mph and all of a sudden the bike just cut out and slowed to a stop, very annoyed :@ theres power from the battery going through the bike as neutral light, indecaters etc all work fine, but when i go to start the bike nothing happens not even a clicking sound, bikes been fine in the dry but riding in the wet yesterday i suspect a short stopping the starter to fire up but im very unsure.

any help would be very appricated as the bike was due for its mot today but dont look like that is going to happen now.

cheers dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like the circuit to the coil and the starter are shorting out or something like the stand down kill circuit is earthing out. I guess the run switch is in the correct position?

hi yeh iv checked most connections and cleaned them, all switchs are in right postion, tryed a booster pack still no joy, i should add the bike was fine untill i rode it in the rain, this is when it suddenly stoppped, cheers

Can you disconnect the side stand down switch and see what happens? It should be reconnected before riding but if it starts you know where the fault is.

Can you disconnect the side stand down switch and see what happens? It should be reconnected before riding but if it starts you know where the fault is.

yeh i havnt tryed that yet, shall go and try now, cheers again

you may have to short out the disconnected connector (loom side) not sure

have you got any electrics working...horn, lights etc

........... after looking through this forum iv found that it is more than likly the starter relay

Making the bike cut out while running?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online