YB100 side stand?

atocp
This post is 4268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi again all,

Been tinkering with the bike, now finally got the engine rebuilt, back in and set up, and the new spokes for the rear wheel arrive tomorrow, so should have it ready to ride by tuesday. However, the final touches are being purchased and put on (tax disc holder, new exhaust gasket etc). But I was looking into a side stand, as mine doesn't have one.

Can I ask, did the YB100 come with a side stand when manufactured? Several sites seem to sell the "Side stand bolt" or "Side stand spring". I understand that the spring is probably just the same as the main stand (maybe slight size difference), but I can't seem to find the stand anywhere, so why sell the bolts?

Can someone maybe point me towards what size the side stand was or if it was special in any way? I was looking at a universal side stand, but they seem to clamp on, and I can't see from the picture how it bolts on. (motorcycleproducts.co.uk). They also come in small, medium and large.

Any help of a little information is always greatly appreciated, as I've been through the haynes manual and the schematics looking for the item codes to order from yamaha, but the schematics only show the main stand.

Thanks again,

atocp

I popped on some photos of the front wheel after it was restored, so once the back wheel is done i'll post a couple of pix of the 'finished/complete' bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

incidentally, looking at some websites, the Yamaha RXS100 side stand can be found quite easily, but I am unsure of the size compared to one that would fit onto the YB100. Does anybody know if there would be compatability?

Cheers,

atocp

Yes to the sidestand LINKY

It may share with the FS1E

The universal type clamps to the bottom of the frame which would be difficult/impossible on a YB

Hi DirtyDT,

Thanks for the help. I saw on google images that a lot of bikes had a side stand, and a lot didn't. So i was unsure if they came as standard. Re-reading the haynes manual, it calls it a prop stand, which i hadn't noticed. Still doesn't have it in the schematics though. The photo you have supplied looks very similar to the RXS100 stand that I have seen, but I will go and have a look and see if the fizzy stand is a closer match.

Thanks again,

atocp

Yeah i've been looking for kick stands, side stands and now prop stands. Doesn't help that there are no drawings or information for it, or close up photos relating to it.

Hi Airhead, yeah there is a mounting hole below the two bolts holding on the footrest bracket. Thats what's making me thing the RXS100 is the same style. Attached is a photo i just took of it. Ignore the bad paint and rust. Im saving up to buy the gear to shot blast it and respray it. Thats the future.

Cheers,

atocp

imag0158x.jpg

I think your chain is a bit loose!!!

:D

Im going to go for a modern look. Im gonna put it through a pulley system and make it look like a car cam belt.

:headbang:

Hi Yamahappyuk,

Cheers for that info. I will get an RXS100 stand and see if it all goes well then. If it doesn't for some reason, it's only a tenner, but knowing that fingers crossed it will be fine.

Thanks again,

atocp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online