Engine cuts out when idle

Grouch
This post is 4264 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yet more wingin from me........................

This morning on my way home from work my bike started to die down and lose power, the best I can describe it as is it sort of 'coughed and spluttered', this happened even though I had warmed the engine up. It then started to cut out when I had stopped at lights etc and not put any revs on. It has never done this before. It won't idle even if the engine is warm. I have had to ride around with the choke on to stop it stalling.

I really don't know what the problem is but I'm guessing something wrong with the throttle.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just had a quick look and I adjusted the screw that connects the throttle cable into the accelerator. I'm not 100% but I think this has done the trick.

if that dont work check the carb rubbers. could be to much air getting in and stalling it.

Thanks Beef, I'm at work at the minute so I can't check it properly until I finish. I hope it's not the carb, that's the last thing I need. I don't want to start messing with that.