DT125LC

PICTURE_MAN36
This post is 4269 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello...

Would be grateful if someone can help me with an identification issue...

I've collected a number of DT125's over the last couple of years... I started off with a DT125MX which is stripped, and in the process of being rebuilt. I bought a DT125LC Mk II about 2 years ago, which I have sourced parts for, and is next in the queue to be rebuilt.

I've been hoarding spares, and over a period of time have managed to pick up a spare engine prefixed 12A & have now managed to get a cheap rolling chassis. Initially I'd planned to use them for spares, but in a drunken stupour one night, I came up with the idea of making a enduro style DT with the bits I have.

I had previously been told that my engine came from an RD BUT the frame number on the spare rolling chassis is very similar to the engine number on the crank cases, although they were both sourced from seperate sources, the engine number is 12A-00405 & frame number is 12A-00377. This leads me to believe that I have in fact got a DT engine.

I think that what I have is the remains of a DT125 LC Mk I which brings me to my next query... Is there anyway I can trace whether this is a 6V DT, or a 12V DT?. I have no electrics, loom, coil, rectifier, lights or anything to corroborate what I have?

I've spoken with Yamaha in the past, and did not want to p*ss them off further as they've been very helpful with other projects.

I note previously that there used to be parts manuals for all of the DT's on here but they've subsequently been removed... does any one have a clue?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Answered my own question... I have an RD125 LC mk 1 engine, 12A00**** and a DT frame.

Bit of wet & dry on the headstock brought out the number which is 12W00**** which has been verified as a DT125LC mk 1 frame.

The RD engine has dropped straight in no problem. Now hope that the exhaust, carb etc will all fit. I don't have these items yet, but will assume that the DT exhaust will mate up with the RD barrel & that the carb for the DT & RD is the same. Will assume that the electrics will be 12V? (I think that the mk 1 DT was 6V?)

Bit of detective work now with the nice people now at Yamaha UK, and hopefully I can turn up a Reg Number.

Cheers

As i understand it the standard difference between road and dirt on yammy motors is peak power/torque location done with carb settings and exhaust/cdi and a different 1st ratio.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online