Notorious XV125

Kelum
This post is 4289 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I put forward some of my own experience and what I have seen here and among xv125 and Yamaha riders here in SL.

The common concept among mechanics and riders here in Sri Lanka is that Yamaha needs constant maintenance and attention while Hondas do not. Here people accept Honda than Yamaha. Hondas are highly valued and I too personally know that my early Honda Benly 125cc had very minor issues during its stay with me and my brother for more than 6 years being a reconditioned bike, even though it had been bored.

But with my two xv125s...every month there is some electrical problem. It can be the starter, it can be a switch..battery or rectifier...it stops on the way, may be battery is dead..new rectifiers do not last...battery over charges...I have tried many new rectifiers by now...not reliable for my day to day use...

whats ur experience on the subject guys?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like you have a lemon

How can you make lemon sweet? :razz:

Sri Lanka is hot, right?

Are you sure you're not getting condensation/corrosion/rust/other crap somewhere along the electrics?

Try coating all your connections with Vaseline or some other kind of non-conductive grease.

Sri Lanka is hot, right?

Are you sure you're not getting condensation/corrosion/rust/other crap somewhere along the electrics?

Try coating all your connections with Vaseline or some other kind of non-conductive grease.

I cleaned all the switches, cables and I wanna check if tank having some corrosion inside. Yes Sri Lanka is hot!