enduros under 33bhp?

This post is 4329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well I can speak from experience my wrf 250 has cost me 1/3rd to maintan compared to my buds ktm.Parts are easier and cheaper to get on this side of the pond.I have no trouble keeping up or passing the KTM.

As far as service intervals the KTM is not forgiving don't do it and you will be putting on a new head ..buddy wanted to skip it for one more ride and droped a valve a 3000k touch to his wallet.He has had it with the thing and it's up for sale.

Valves seem to strech faster on the KTM I have been getting around 4000kms before they are done and his never went 2000k befor they were done.

All that said I'm thinking of going back to 2 smoke easier cheaper rebuild's and way less things to go wrong

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Out of interest what KTM does he have and what age? KTM parts over here tend to be reasonable because they are a European brand.

Iv not heard anything bad about the recent models though, although the RFS engine is pretty solid and should go on for 'ever'

I meant ktm two strokes vs Yamaha 4stroke. i agree ktm 4 strokes are dear to maintain. But any competition motor will be. i like the simplicity and less moving parts of a two stroke. plus there more fun and easier to ride hard.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online