Flywheel puller for '01 DT125R

mickt26
This post is 4491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right. I've got a spare (lightened) flywheel that I want to stick on my '01 DT and the puller I've got (350 YPVS) doesn't fit <_< . I (stupidly) assumed that it would, being another Yam and all, but no.

Does anyone know of a suitable puller (M&P?) that'll work on my DT? Or a cunning trick that'll work (I dunno, something involving levers and pulleys, I'd imagine). Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and stump up for a genuine Yamahahahahaha part?

Cheers,

Mick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right. I've got a spare (lightened) flywheel that I want to stick on my '01 DT and the puller I've got (350 YPVS) doesn't fit  <_< . I (stupidly) assumed that it would, being another Yam and all, but no.

Does anyone know of a suitable puller (M&P?) that'll work on my DT? Or a cunning trick that'll work (I dunno, something involving levers and pulleys, I'd imagine). Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and stump up for a genuine Yamahahahahaha part?

Cheers,

Mick.

The M&P ones fit fine. There are also a few on Ebay at the moment.

Don,

Sorry to be a pain in the arse- but which one? I did a search and came up with 3 or 4 different ones. The MX puller is the same as a 350 YPVS I think (27 x 1, LH thread) and the generic 'fits most Jap bikes up to 175cc' looks to have a large threaded section which won't work on my flywheel as there's no thread to screw into.

What does the 'proper' puller look like?

Cheers,

Mick.

Don,

Sorry to be a pain in the arse- but which one? I did a search and came up with 3 or 4 different ones. The MX puller is the same as a 350 YPVS I think (27 x 1, LH thread) and the generic 'fits most Jap bikes up to 175cc' looks to have a large threaded section which won't work on my flywheel as there's no thread to screw into.

What does the 'proper' puller look like?

Cheers,

Mick.

The one I have here is marked as M27P1L and came from M&P. It fits both my DT125R's and my TDR 250's.

flywheel_puller.jpg

Cheers for that Don. It looks the same as the RD350 YPVS puller I've got.

What years are your DTs? There's no threaded section on either of my flywheels for a puller to screw into  <_<

I have used that puller on a 1990, 1991, 1993, 1996 and 1999 DT125R's.

You sure that the flywheel is from a DT125R ?

Maybe the models after 1999 have a different flywheel.

This is the only DT125R flywheel I have now.

flywheel_puller1.jpg

Maybe the models after 1999 have a different flywheel.

This is the only DT125R flywheel I have now.

flywheel_puller1.jpg

It was all change from 2000-on. My flywheels are different to that one. The rivets are further from the centre and there are 6 holes the same distance from the centre as the rivets.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to get one from a Yam dealer <_< £££££££££££££££££££ :angry:

Cheers for your help,

Mick.

• 6 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online