650 Dragstar not clicking?

AustenM
This post is 4292 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, been away a while, long story, supposed to be on a ride for a passed friend tomorrow but have a problem.

My 650 Dragstar ran out of petrol yesterday, I filled it up today but wouldn't start, after half killing the battery I realised something...

You know when you first turn the ignition on you get a rapid clicking sound? fuel pump or rectifier or something?

Well that sound never clickety clicked.

Recharged the battery and still no clicking or starting.

Is it fuel pump?

Thanks guys

Austen

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be the fuel pump - it usually make a bit of a racet when I switch on an particularly if you forget to turn the fuel on.

If you ran out of petrol have you swapped it back to main tank?

not sure about the dragstar , on the virago the fuel pump "clicks" when ignition is switched on,

is there a fuse / relay that powers the fuel pump on your model ?

It is normally the fuel pump priming.... There might be a fuse controlling it somewhere?? Not saying yours hasn't gone but normally when mine doesn't prime it's because I've hit the kill switch

• 1 month later...

Ok so I stripped her down, checked the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay all seems ok but still no clicking and no fuel getting through.

Any ideas?

EDIT: update, the fuel pump works and pulls fuel through when tested but not priming/filling the carbs on key turn.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online