XVS 950 Floorboard Vibration

AndyBuk
This post is 4367 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Quick question,

Has anyone done anything to reduce the amount of vibration that can come through the stock floorboards?

On the longer runs this can get a bit distracting, so thinking I might try and reduce it somewhat.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Andrew, murph4017 had a post up about this in 2008 would you believe! seems to be par for the bike from what I can remember he suggested wearing thicker soled boots? Seems a bit simplistic but if it worked for him give it a try. :jossun:

lol, funnily enough, I am looking to get new summer boots asap, so I will now keep a look out for thick soled ones.

You'd think there must be some mod to absorb / dampen some of the vibration.

Try riding an OLD XJ750 for a couple of hundred miles THEN you will know all about vibratio!! :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

lol I don't like the sound of that.

The only issue I have is with the floorboards, no other vibrations give me any great cause for concern.

There was another question the other week about removing the floor board thingys and replacing them with foot pegs, don't know what happend to it might be worth while having a search through the old message boards to see if that might be the way to go. It was someting about getting the bike to lean a bit further when cornering I think, I don't know much about them, do they scrape on the ground when you lean it hard over? This might solve 2 problems with one fix! :jossun:

I have scrapped them a couple of times but only on roundabouts, I don't really think I ride the bike hard enough to worry about the scrapping especially with the mrs on the back (think I'd get a good slap on the back of the head lol).

I had pegs on the VN900 before, but that was a quicker bike even though it was about 50cc less, something about the amount of cylinders I think). That bike didn't vibrate anywhere near as much. Think if I took the floorboards off then I might have to do something about the shifter, its one of those heel to toe jobs. Plus when I use the bike its generally for longer journeys so would like to keep the boards I think.

Might just have to make do with the numb feet lol.