k&n air filter xvs1300

eggar
This post is 4354 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Many in the US have and rate it highly although most tend to drill their airbox too to make the most of it.

I have put in a K & N Filter and drilled the holes in the airbox, it works fine, but at the same time I drilled out the exhaust and the bike performance has improved on the acceleration and the hunting at lower speeds its a lot smoother and not so jerky on the throttle, only slightly negative thing I would say is that when you deaccelarate you will get backfires, going down a hill for example. I checked with the riders in the USA and they get the same thing, you can get rid of it but need to buy appox £200 of performance controller, me I put up with the banging.

This is what i have got on my XVS 650 but not sure if the 1300 has carbs or if its injection?

Air-3.jpg

Air.jpg

i have a cobra power pro 2-1 exhaust fitted so i do get some backfiring now which i don't mind but the reason i was asking about the k&n air filter was if the engine is dragging more air in will the fuel ecu still compensate? i've been into the 1300 tourer site and opinions on the subject seam to be very mixed, nice that the weather has finally turned, cheers all

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online