YA6 - turn signal help

This post is 4363 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

here is where I'm at right now. My freind just picked this bike up, and here is how we found the guts of the headlight bucket.

All I've done so far is sort out what wires are going where.

All electrical works except for electric start & turn signals.

Untitled-1.jpg

anybody have any pointers on where some of this is supposed to go? or if i even have the right number of relays? Diagram shows only one flasher relay, but there are two in here...?

thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just wire it as the diagram shows?

Generally speaking as I dont have the benefit of your wiring diagram

battery live (red) goes to your ignition switch

When the ignittion switch is ON this 'Live' appears at the turn relay as a Brown feed,

Out of the turn relay and onwards to the left/right turn switch (Brown/White)

From the turn switch, Left on Dark Brown and Right on Dark Green to the indicator lamp bulbs which have a black wire to chassis or battery negative

The relay should look like this LINKY

I would guess that someone put 2 in because they couldn't get left and right to blink separately.

so i think i've got the relay figured out, thanks for the help guys.

from the relay:

P (power) to ignition

L (switch) to brown/white wire

G (ground) to chassis

where i'm still slightly confused is the indicator lamp bulb wire:

right bulb wires (orange & black from above) to right signal switch (dark green)?

left bulb wires (red & white from above) to left signal switch (dark brown)/

OR

does each clump of 3 wires (orange, black, dk green for right side / white, red, dk brown for left side) hook up as a ground on the chassis?

you mustnt have understood what i posted?

dark Green and dark Brown become live when the turn switch is operated (depending on which way it is switched)

so therefore you cannot ground out these colours or you will blow the fuse!

at the lamp wires...you need to find out which color wires are connected to the outer lampholder (not the centre connection),,,and consider all these to be black...wrap some black tape around them and connect to ground or spare black loom connectors

yeah I'm learning on the fly here, not just about this bike, but just wiring in general. Gotta start somewhere, and in my case it's on a '64 yamaha.

thanks for your patience...much appreciated.

I misread the last line from your previous post but i'm pretty sure I get it now.

Gonna try to get something done after work tonight...I'll post results.

Thanks again!

ahh still no signals.

But wondering if someone can help me out with the lettered fuse panel behind the battery.

I tested the terminals, and only the top terminal (couldn't see it's letter cause it was covered by the wire) and 3rd from top had power. The 3rd terminal only had power cause it looped back to the top terminal, but didn't send that power out to any other wires.

So my question is...anyone know which of those terminals are supposed to have power?

I forget the letters: A, E, F, B, T, M maybe...? I'll write them down next time i'm by the bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online