De-restricting a 09 XT125x

xXLewisXx
This post is 4376 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just got my first bike; a 09 XT125x only done 1025 miles, got it for £1600, not a single scratch on it, lucky me :hyper:

I haven't done my CBT yet as I've got 3 months till I'm 17, I've been told that it's only pushing out around 11bhp so I would like to de restrict it while I have so much free time.

Does anyone know what I can do to give it some more power?

Also does anyone know how to open the seat? Perhaps there is no storage under it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would say its the cat that would probably restrict it, i bought an xt125r for my lad and another exhaust but never got round to cutting the cat out.

Still have an exhaust if you fancy doing some mod on it, PM me if your interested before it goes on ebay.

Regarding the seat its bolted on from underneath.

TTB

Making that Xt go faster? Thats up there with the cure for the common cold and perpetual motion.

If its as good as you say it is, use it get your test enjoy the fact it has epic fuel economy then sell it for a faster bike.

You could de restrict the old 2 strokes because the european stuff had no HP restrictions so UK bikes were knobbled versions with tacky washers etc to keep the hp down to comply.Nowadays with emmision regs the engines have to be developed properly so the 11hp uk motor is just that. 11HP. Not a 20hp mass euro market engine restricted. To get worthwhile gains you will be looking at serious tuning. Head work and big bores, ker ching$$$.

Spend the money on rider training and kit and leave the bike alone.

Thanks for that guys, I currently don't have much money so I won't be buying an exhaust. Going to chuck on some arrow indicators and some nice mirrors (I hate the circular stock mirrors)

I guess I'm just going to have to buy a 250cc soon after passing my full test.

I'm guessing you can't put anything under the seat then?