Young riders CHEAP insurance?

slice
This post is 4384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all, Now first of all I AM NOT offering cheap insurance so read on and find out why you should be careful of those that do!

I am a LOT older than some of you and as such when working on the bike in the garage I listen to the wireless (radio to you youngsters) and today I heard that there is a new scam out there young riders should be aware of, if you look for cheap insurance and find a cracking deal be aware that some scum bags are offering really low rates for young driver/riders who are in fact NOT registered with the insurance bureau (THE MIB) that's not men in black but "Members of the Insurance Bureau", it's really important that you check that your broker/dealer is registered as you will be UNINSURED if you buy from these muppets, they quoted a young guy who had his car taken and impounded and recieved 6 points for no insurance and has to attend court on charges of driving with no insurance, he now has to go back to court to try to get the points removed but you should be aware that "IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE" and as such he may still be liable for someone elses crimnality which means through no fault of his own he is now forever going to have had points on his licence when he applies for insurance, and we all know how the insurance companies like to load up your premium if you have had a conviction.

So check your insurance quote has the MIB number and phone and check that it's real BEFORE taking to the road. :crying:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If people keep finding out my scams I will have to get a proper job!! Well, when I get out I mean.

I heard about it too.

B@st@rds!!!! Feel sorry for the young lad. I only ever go with companies/brokers I've heard of and always read reviews before I buy, but I can see why people get caught out when insurance companies bum rape young drivers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online