'77 DT175e trying a rebuild

michaelb
This post is 4372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had this bike from new, and after much procrastinating thought I might bring it back to something like original condition. Not much of a mechanic, but know the right end of a spanner and have a bit of common sense (at least I think so), and began the task.

This led me to problem #1. speedo stopped working about 20 years ago , cable missing for last 15.When I pulled the front hub apart the speedo gears seem jammed . any ideas how to get them moving or out?

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Where the cable goes in if you clear out all the crud there is a circlip, you will need to give it a good soak though. Those gears are a snug fit and they will take some shifting. The screw gear comes out through the cable hole. They are also about as hard as candle wax so go gentle.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Ps, BUY A MANUAL. :razz:

Fleabay usually has something coming up from time to time. Some are better than others but it depends on what is available and $. Small chance that your local library might have one.

Gordo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online