Newbie Question

This post is 4390 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I recently picked up a 82 Maxim/XJ650. It had a bulb that was out on my rear right blinker when I got it. I replaced the bulb and went on my first ride tonight. Half way through the ride I noticed that when I'd hit my right turn signal, my front bulb would stay on solid and the back was out again. Guessing there might be a short someone or something along those lines. Fuses all look good. Not that bulbs are expensive but it's a waste to replace any more without fixing the issue at hand. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi jmartin, check your earth and connectors, if the left hand works it can't be the relay so got to be a faulty wire or connection. And this question should be in the "WORKSHOP" section old mate not the "new members" section ok. Start at the bulb end and work your way back through the wiring until you find the fault. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)