xt500 brake shaft

18j
This post is 4441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the rear brake pedal on my xt500 is a bit sloppy so changed it for a new part but it has not made any differance to the play. is it correct that it is only pushed through the frame and the brake pedal clamp is the only thing holding it in place?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi 18j

There is a very shallow nylon shim inside the tube housing on the frame, unfortunatly there is no part number for this

but if you can find some small bore plastic tubing you may be able to ream some out.

TTB

I would say its only about 1mm thick but i have never had to replace one yet so i cant offer any advice of the tube you need.

Maybe some thin brass strip will be better.

TTB

thanks tommy, i will make some enquiries about getting one machined from nylon, having never seen the item in question is there a pic anywhere? is there a shoulder on it on the inside to sit against the frame on the inside where the return spring sits. i have the dust covers on order so may have a better idea when i see them.

thanks wayne

thanks tommy, i will make some enquiries about getting one machined from nylon, having never seen the item in question is there a pic anywhere? is there a shoulder on it on the inside to sit against the frame on the inside where the return spring sits. i have the dust covers on order so may have a better idea when i see them.

thanks wayne

Here you go ,these picture where taken when i restored my 500E a few years ago so hopefully they will help.

DSCF4152.jpg

DSCF4159.jpg

DSCF4159-1.jpg

PM sent as well.

Cheers TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online