XVS1300 O2 sensor eliminator

Bulldog2
This post is 4230 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well lads and lass's i live in Guernsey the Channel Islands and i love my 1300 xvs midnight star to bits yes gearing a bit of a pain , my speed limit is only 35mph down to 25 mph so i am only using 1st/2nd gear , i did have a problem last year with getting a back tyre but was lucky to get one from the dealer at the last minute when the bike went in to have fuel pips replaced on callback from yamaha :spin2: my bike has a rattle which the dealer says he can't fined i thought it was a loose tapet but they told me they couldnt find anything dose any one have a clue as to wot it may be seems to be coming from the left side. :eusa_doh:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be loose front pulley or mis-aligned or over tightened belt. If it wasn't there before tyre change I'd guess the belt is too tight

• 5 months later...

Well, chaps learnt a lot from you guys tonight! Just ordered the O2 sensor off ebay cos I am new to the 1300 and thought it was me not used to the gears - but got to say any bike that does just short of 80 in second cant be bad!

I am in full agreement with the speed/gear figures from Clarkegray:

I've found gear ranges are roughly:

1st = 15-20mph

2nd = 20-35/40

3rd = 35/40-50

4th = 50-65

5th = 65+

I have fitted the O2 sensor eliminator but can't say I really noticed the difference. I think we just have to make the best of the gears as they are and accept that 3rd is a touch too high in 30 limits and clutch slipping is sometimes necessary in 2nd going around tight corners. On the plus side it's a good stable bike provided you think about corners earlier than on shorter/lighter bikes, choose your line early and stick to it, and don't get flustered when the boards touch down - which they will frequently!

I did 224 miles on Sunday from Wiltshire to Ilfracombe and back across Exmoor and I really enjoyed it. The bike returned 53mpg which I can't think is bad for a 304kg bike.

I am in full agreement with the speed/gear figures from Clarkegray:

I've found gear ranges are roughly:

1st = 15-20mph

2nd = 20-35/40

3rd = 35/40-50

4th = 50-65

5th = 65+

I have fitted the O2 sensor eliminator but can't say I really noticed the difference. I think we just have to make the best of the gears as they are and accept that 3rd is a touch too high in 30 limits and clutch slipping is sometimes necessary in 2nd going around tight corners. On the plus side it's a good stable bike provided you think about corners earlier than on shorter/lighter bikes, choose your line early and stick to it, and don't get flustered when the boards touch down - which they will frequently!

I did 224 miles on Sunday from Wiltshire to Ilfracombe and back across Exmoor and I really enjoyed it. The bike returned 53mpg which I can't think is bad for a 304kg bike.

totally agree with your comments bulldog2, ive just done 1500 miles in 5 days touring scotland, and i averaged 58 mpg, with cobra shorts, cobra processor and kn filter. when i was running her in she managed 65mpg on motorways, not any more though...lol. mines now done 12000 miles

Just fitted th O2 Sensor purchased from the Greek guy (thanks for the info Bulldog2) first off didn't notice much difference and then after about 4 miles when the bike had warmed up fully bingo! can now do most islands in second without dipping the clutch, really has smoothed out the bottom end and it also seems much happier going into 5th gear and cruising down to 50mph. I think the ECU needed a bit of time to adjust the fuel injection at start off. well worth the dosh - highly recommended!

I only ever got 145 ish miles from a tank. Always ran with the O2 sensor but still pulled the clutch quite a bit. The 1300 is a fantastic bike, wish I could have kept it along with the Strom... :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online