my new xvs 1300A

jerry
This post is 4437 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't black ones look sooooo good!

what year model ?

2011 bikes have completely chrome headlamp housing so it's probably 2009 or 2010 - and given the number of 2009 bikes around that's likely to be the answer. If you give the VIN to a decent Yamaha agent he will be able to look up the manufacture date. There's hardly any difference between pre and post 2011 models. The latter have the chrome lamp, the bars are slightly further pulled back, it has linked brakes and the seat is lower at 690mm instead of 715mm. I don't think any of these changes amount to much given the style of bike.

ok thx for that, weather permitting first ride out thursday, quite a long run in period for this machine 1500 miles, first 600 at only 1/3 throttle, but that'll do for starters.

i have already ridden the bike and i love it but it'll be legal on thursday so more enjoyable.

jerry

Looking good Jerry...

Don't know how tall you are, but watch out for the screen in the rain if you can't see over it. You may need to either tilt it or chop it?? Bet you can't wit til Thursday...

I wasn't planning on riding in the rain either but it happened on the motorway one day in summer and I couldn't see a thing. Was enough for me to chop it down...

If you adjust it so you can just see over the top it will still stop the bugs from pebbledashing and you will still be able to see in the rain.