new guy with a big problem

Morrison
This post is 4450 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone im new here and having a bit of bother finding posts, im looking for anything on the xvs 650 engine. I am in the middle of making it into a bobber style and while removing the exhaust i snapped a stud.

As you can imagine im quite frustrated now, i drilled into the stud and bought a set of easy outs ,heated the head and went for it,would you believe my luck i managed to snap the dam thing inside the stud.

Now i am looking for sites on head or engine removal as im going to need some expert help to sort out the problem. if anyone has any info that might help id really be greatful.....

thanks

Martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Martin, Welcome to the site.

Well what a numpty you been hey!? :D but not to worry too much it can be solved. So im guessing from your question is that you want to remover the engine for better access to the drama area? removing the engine isnt as hard as it seams (check out my bobber project in the projects section)

Its easier if you remove both wheels and the forks. Off the top of my head it goes like this.

Remove fuel tank,

Remove air filter,

Remove plastic covers on the top of engine (pain in the ass)

Remove Rear coil (makes more room)

Un plug every wire (mark them up with tape)

Un-bolt the engine (this is why you have wheel and forks off as the engine wont rest on the frame)

Remove the engine from the right hand side of the frame with the prop shaft coupling furthest away from you. Start by tilting the engine towards you and lead with the front cylinder then tilt more towards you as you get it further out of the frame.

That should be the engine out.

Again this is off the top of my head as i'm at work and the bikes at home so i hope this is of some help.

Give us a shout if you brake any thing else ;) (ha-ha)

Welcome Mo " when you said big prob" I was gonna repy Divorce Her " Thats the only BIG problem i ever had, The stud wil fix .

Welcome Mo " when you said big prob" I was gonna repy Divorce Her " Thats the only BIG problem i ever had, The stud wil fix .

True.......................................................

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online