Rear cylinder hot

Morpheuz
This post is 4488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Noticed my rear cylinder on my 125 dragstar was really hot today, more so than the front, and thats not with riding, I know the front has more cool air hit it.

It was idling and the rear got real hot real quick and the front was quite cool, exhaust was hot and everything, after start up.

I had a look at the sparkies, and the front was normal and the rear was wet????

Really dont get how it was hotter if there was ample fuel, is this anything to do with the pipe that attaches to the intake joint?

It seems that it leads to the fuel pump via a T junction, (tank to pump - with this coming off it to the intake)

I hope there is some sort of valve in there... otherwise I'm sucking fuel straight from the tank to the rear cylinder.

Soz for all my threads guys and gals, I'm a need to know guy.

Thanks for those who have been giving their knowledge

Its power :yes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think about it. The fuel going into the cylinder has to be a fuel/air mix for combustion. If you have neat fuel going into the cylinder it just won't work. Or am I not understanding your question?

The pipe going from the intake is the vacume for the fuel pump,

Also Check that you are getting a spark from both plugs, and check they are gapped correctly,

Have you changed anything before this happend ????

Nah, I think the wet bit was the accelerator pump, after I turned it off to take a look I gave it a few revs, I've toned down the fuel pump a bit, as for the heat, not right sure, but just recently, it seems to have been fine, maybe it was just feeling groggy that day...

I'll monitor it.

Thanks anyway fellas.

Nah, I think the wet bit was the accelerator pump, after I turned it off to take a look I gave it a few revs, I've toned down the fuel pump a bit, as for the heat, not right sure, but just recently, it seems to have been fine, maybe it was just feeling groggy that day...

I'll monitor it.

Thanks anyway fellas.

toned down the fuel pump a bit?????

Nah sorry, accelerator pump, when opening up the throttle it was drenching my sparkplugs, had it flood on me once already, that bad I had to change the oil.....

So now it doesnt squirt as much in as before.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online