xs750 gear problems

rgatfield
This post is 4502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone on here had problems with lost gears, or gear shifter not finding all the gears?

It happened while riding along at maybe 50kms.

The gear shift came loose, the circlip came loose and the shift may of moved in the in or out direction. (Not sure) But i put it back on and now this:

My bike is now neutral when shifter is all the way down, and i have only 3 gears, maybe 2, 3 and 4. Not completely sure. It didn't make any noise when it happened or even now. It sounds ok, but gears not right.

Please advise.

Here is bike:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not familiar with the bike, I have to assume that the pedal sits on bush and shaft, which is held on by a circlip. If the clip has come off and allowed the pedal to come off the shaft, has the adjustable linkage then rotated itself and now reqs resetting?

Not familiar with the bike, I have to assume that the pedal sits on bush and shaft, which is held on by a circlip. If the clip has come off and allowed the pedal to come off the shaft, has the adjustable linkage then rotated itself and now reqs resetting?

I would say this is the most likely case. It is easy to do something like this? Im not really sure without looking at it properly how to get in there. I'm sure it must be easy, as it must happen a bit. I just havent looked into it enough. I hope its just a case to come off and i can see it. Not having to split engine or something drastic like that.

I did find this page on fixing the second gear, but i dont think its broken gears. i think its just the link between the selector and gears somehow.

http://bikearama.com...-triple-engine/

I just need to know how to get into it. I might figure it out for myself when i have time off work again.

pic from his tutorial: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peplop/4300820689/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online