XVS1300A....or classic

rayclout
This post is 4491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ray, don't know these well but I think it's just chromy bits and bob's, they look the same, but which one are you talking about the Royal star or the Midnight star? Or some thing else, bit more info please. :jossun:

Hi

Here in Australia they refer to the 1300 as either the XVS1300A (midnight star) or simply the 1300 Classic. Yamaha haven't even released the 2011 models yet......still selling the 2010 models, so everything is very confusing when talking with the dealers.....even they are in the dark.

Looks like your up the creek without a paddle mate, all I can say is buy the one you like that way at least you know that you like the bike no matter what other bikes look like, plus there are loads of mods out in the web that can make your bike different, not that I advocate sticking loads of chrome and useless junk on a bike, I want a bike to go when I twist the throttle and stop when I grab the brake anything else is a matter of taste, if you want to go the harley route with lots of bits that actually don't do anything then fine but it is a matter of spending your money to get the bike you like not what you think you should have cos other people might not like it, as for your dealers not knowing what to tell you about your choices I would go and find one that does know what he's talking about, look on the net for the bike you want and then go find someone to supply it and tell the other dumb arses to f**k off. On that happy note stay safe and let me know what you get, always interested to know how the colonies are getting on (joke) as my bro lives just outside YASS in the ACT. :biglaugha:

I've never heard of a 'classic' model only tourer and non-tourer... they could refer to the 2007-2010 models vs the 2011 models. The 2011 models have a chrome headlight bucket (as opposed to colour matched one), a gloss frame (vs matt one) and handlebars with more pull back.

The XVS1300A Midnight Star aka (V Star in the US) is a fantastic bike - plenty of power and handles great.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online