Yamaha ms50 1985

Jameswallace
This post is 4463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so I passed my cbt, I got knocked off 20 mins in by some 8 yr old, but luckily I was ok. The school bike I was riding was wrecked. Bent forks etc

It was a shock and my first accident

Anyway, yes I own a Yamaha ms50, from 1985,

It's not immaculate. But it's good enough :)

I will write more and post pics tonight when I'm home. I'm currently hugging a warm hot chocalate in Starbucks!

Edited by Jameswallace

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've never seen this model in Canada, so I googled it. Is that a shaft drive?

Sorry to hear you got knocked off.

I do like to look of the MS'. I thought the gearbox oil was 10/40 or 20/50 depending on where in the world you are. I would go with 10/40

be32fcc8.jpg

76d1315e.jpg

ff6e7d30.jpg

f3ebc091.jpg

a few pics of the bike next to my newly built workbemch (all the wood was free :D )

also in front of the old 2cv!

As for oil, it says it uses, 10w30, im in the uk, and i cant seem to find it anywhere!

I managed to snap up a spare head, barrel and piston kit for a decent price, they seem to be far and few between!

i also spent today painting one of the front forks, with hammerite, because i wire brushed all the rust and paint away, and as i didnt reaslise i had any primer, hammerite was the only option!

i will wet and dry it flat one evening next week, and then spray with whatever shade of grey i can lay my hands on!

• 2 months later...

well not much to report,

I now hold a Full uk bike liscnese, (sorry I can never spell that word)

I managed to pass my test first time, both parts, with no minors, :D

not bad me thinks!!

all has been well with the bike up until yesterday,

when crusing down the road, flat out (walking speed) i got a puncture, tyre went bang, back tried to overtake the front, blah blah managed to control it to a stop etc, had to walk to work, what a joke

Turnes out a screw had found its way into my tyre, which was a bummer...

So i have spent 1/4 what the bike cost me just to get a new tyre and innertube!!!

oh well!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online