help needed

j4ffa
This post is 4505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right im after abit of help my iv got a yamaha ybr125 first bike and everytime i leave it on the side stand after abit the bike wont start like theres no fuel

it happens if its been left for 10 min or even a few hours its becoming a pain as i just went to the parents was there 20 min max went out and the bike wouldnt start again had to be somewhere so bump the bike to get it to start

i have tried leaving it on the main stand and sometimes has the same problems i dont think its right

it happens more on short journeys ie from work home which is about 2 mile max

anybody able to help

i have taken it back to the shop i got it and they said to leave it on the main stand as the fuel cant go throu when its on the side stand which i find silly as its gravity fed

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

maybe a fuel pump problem? dont know much about these bikes but I have heard issues with fuel pumps but it usually manifests itelf on sunny days, but thats not to say this isnt also a pump problem

Can you 'hear' the pump when the key is turned?

Then can you hear it when the trouble starts?

yes you can here the fuel pump

the thing if i leave on the side stand and then come out and try nothing but then if i put it on the main stand wait abit put choke on then sometimes it works but i have always thought once the bike is warm then you shouldnt need the choke

i havnt showed them the problem yet just been in and asked about it

i bought the bike 2nd hand its on a 55 plate someone traded it in to get a bigger bike

the bike its self is a nice bike just a few problems

cheers for the link that does help il have a look in the morning and see if i can here the fuel pump priming

• 1 month later...

hi all my ybr 125 got some problems it a list lol

1. won't start (battery ok fully charge, fuel tap flowing, spark plug sparks wounder full, carb has been cleaned, air box clean, got compression, checked fuse and all connections and i even try bump starting down a hill all it did brom very slow till it stopped)

2. so i tried a bit of petrol down the spark plug then tried to start it, it starts but it redline straight away so i turn it off (but i think i put the throttle body in the carb the wrong way round) try if i have in a bit

i leave it at that at the mo

but any help with the problems would be grateful you can email me at [email protected] at any time it will go to my phone

i havnt showed them the problem yet just been in and asked about it

i bought the bike 2nd hand its on a 55 plate someone traded it in to get a bigger bike

the bike its self is a nice bike just a few problems

cheers for the link that does help il have a look in the morning and see if i can here the fuel pump priming

get a new bike its fuked :spin2: