Chains - Guidance Please

stanis
This post is 4561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya all....

For fear of asking a silly question, it is a Friday after all so will ask it any ways...

I'm an XT125 owner (nearly)..... which means i've now managed to rebuild my box of bits into something that resembles an XT and the machine burst into life last weekend when power was applied....so now its a case of fitting the last few bits.... one of which is the chain/sprokets...

I ordered up a chain set and when it arrived i noticed it is a continuous chain with a soft link.... my question is, not wishing to now go to the expense of a slitting tool, is it possible to replace the soft link with a split link and get a bike garage to split the chain for me so i can refit the chain myself.....

Any thoughts...

Thanks...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it is the right length you can still fit it yourself, its only a case of dropping the sw arm.

Inconvenient initially i know but the security of having a sound chain ( speaking as someone who has lost skin to a broken one) is worth the trouble.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online