Opening a YBR125 headlight

duro
This post is 4567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. I have a somewhat strange problem. Today my wife falled and warped the instrument cluster of her '07 YBR125 (made in China). As it was an apparently simple task, I checked the .pdf shop manuals I have and it said that the headlight should be removed first to remove the instrument cluster.

Problem is: undoing the two headlight holding screws... the inner nuts falled inside. The manual didn't mention the need for first opening the headlight body (and I trusted the manual as it seems so precise in everything!)

Therefore, after succeeding in straighting up the instrument cluster bracket, now I've the problem of re-screwing the headlight to its place.

Problem: there seems to be no way to open it to get access to the mounting nuts.

There are two screws on the headlight body (below the mounting bolts' places) which should obviously be the way to open it but they seem totally rock solid! There was no way to undo them (I also used WD40).

I fiddled with my big fingers inside the headlight body (getting in via the cables hole) and found that in correspondance of said screws the body seems totally closed, as if the screws get into some "fixed" nut.

By the way, access to the inside of the headlight is necessary not only mount/unmount it but also to just change the bulb.

Now I'm stuck with an unusable bike having its headlight dangling down (and I should change the bulb too, by the way).

Help anybody?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dohh, can you saw the bolt heads off without too much damage?

Don't think so. Their heads are very well recessed. Anyway, I cannot understand why BOTH them are so tight!

I had similar problem. The two screws are tight because of the corrosion. I managed to unscrew them after soaking in WD40. Wasn't easy job. However, if the WD40 doesn't help, you can drill the heads using a power drill.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online