dt125r ????

jamie2011
This post is 4492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi thaught i would join the yamaha owners cluby as yamas are just the best, ok sooo iv been looking for a dt25r now i wanted to buy a new dt125r but as we will all no thay dont make them any more b*****ds..... so what year is the last dtr made ? i am i correct thinking 2009?,,, how are thay do thay come with the full power valve working etc as i no some of the older modles i was looking to buy i.e around 92-96 or eairlyer some didnt or all didnt come with power valve servo,s witch would be crap..... only reason wanting a dtr125 the latest mod is to use it rearly and keep it till its a clasic 2 smoker, but how are the older mods i.e 95 - say 2004 are thay all reliable the same are thay all near the same power ? as if i got a older mod i would hammer it i.e ride it evry day is their many restictions/what are thay? exshaugst will ovs be one and what is the realistic top speed as i would like to do at least 80 so say i can cruse at 60-70mph i already have a older mod offroad and i have had a few problems with reliability with it and is fully derestricted and dosnt seem overly fast tbh maybe as i have a rs125 FP but if anyone can give me a good year from and too with some good specs etc is it hard/exspensive to get supermoto wheeles for it etc and what to look out for and any common problems as all bikes have them thanks for all info on these bikes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they will do 60 - 70, you may get 80 with an unrestricted one but thats not being very kind, they're not built for speed...the aerodynamics are all wrong,and besides if youre on L's you wont be riding an unrestricted one anyway.... great bikes go for it but beware they are top of the list for thieves!!!!

• 2 months later...

I think 09 was the last year as you say. I managed 85mph on a sat nav but it did seize and was down a hill as well. She did have a fair bit of money put into her though.

Would happily sit at 60 all day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online