2003 R6 Chain Rubbing Help *Urgent*

Neo-ned
This post is 4588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guy's. I felt some mild rubbing whilst on the way to the gym this morning, i know that the chains runs along a guard on top of the swing arm so just rode as normal. How ever, once i started to get closer to the gym it slowly started getting worse.

I finished at the gym and made my way to work, it was now a serious rubbing and only got worse and worse until i got to work. Upon arrival i've noticed some metal filings on the swing arm and it seems the chain is rubbing on the inside of the rotation (so the bottom when the chain is making its way to the back sproket and the top when its making its way to the front sproket.

Because of the covers etc i can't see what it's rubbing on, only that the metal filings seem to be worse around the sproket area(front).

I'm almost scared of riding it home and need to insight urgently please. I do not want to permanently ruin anything but would like to fix it at home. (Am at work now as this only happen about 30 minutes ago)

Should i get the bike recovered by breakdown service?

Thanks for any info.

Ed

:shakeno:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could be a couple of things have you recently had your chain adjusted, if it was to tight it could be a counter shaft problem and the nuts come loose or its come off dont ride it till you find out or it can bollox the shaft well and good,just hope its not the bearing

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online