Question regarding Reed Valve

Richie_31
This post is 4578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI everyone! I would like to ask regarding DT 125 Reed Valve. Is reed valve should totally closed upon inspection? I noticed mine has a gap of about 1 mm, all four petals, though they are correctly installed. Next, can this gap cause combustion leaks? And finally, Can this gap affect my idle? Thanks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you got the cutouts on the reeds and stopper plate lined up ? If they are the original Yamaha reeds you should see a cutout on one of the corners by the screw holes which should match the cut out on the stopper plate when screwed togther. If you get this wrong you will get a gap as if you view the reeds from the side you will see they are slightly concave. It did effect the idle on my LC2 on the right hand side when I found that one of the reeds on that side was fitted wrong leading to a gap and the reeds not fully closing. Remember to also put a drop of Loctite on the screw threads that hold the reeds on. Tony