Slippery seat

Big Ross
This post is 7056 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The seat of my XT500 is well worn but in good shape. The problem is that as it has worn smooth, it has become more and more slippery. If I apply the brakes firmly, I have to brace my arms or my b*ll*cks would collide with the tank, and it would be a shame to have a dent in that lovely alloy tank! :blink:

Is there any way of "de-slipperifying" vinyl, or do I have to shell out for a new cover?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i had the same problem with my rd seat ross. made it interesting when gunning it, felt like i had an extra 20bhp being put back the seat like that :D i think your best option is to just go for a new cover like i did. anyone else know how to sort this?

This scenario reminds me of a "fix" that the bike shop owner that I used to work for, would use on demanding arrogant asshole customers that always wanted more for their money.......He'd put 'em down for a full tune-up & the only thing we'd do was armor-all their seat, along with a splash of 114 octane racing fuel! :blink: .....They'd come back swearing that was the best their bike had ever run! :lol:

I think a new seat cover would be the best cure....as it's usually the opposite that seems to be a prob.....seen racers put chalk powder on their seats to ease the hanging off procedure in the corners.....but in this case, outside of a new seat cover, the best bet would be some velcro on the seat of your trousers! :lol:

you can buy these non slip sheets from diy places, they are to stop things slipping off the dash of a car or work tops etc. you do not have to fix them on if you don't want to, put them on when you are riding and take it off when you stop folds up like a handkie and can be cut to any size or shape.

The seat of my XT500 is well worn but in good shape.  The problem is that as it has worn smooth, it has become more and more slippery.  If I apply the brakes firmly, I have to brace my arms or my b*ll*cks would collide with the tank, and it would be a shame to have a dent in that lovely alloy tank! :blink:

Is there any way of "de-slipperifying" vinyl, or do I have to shell out for a new cover?

check out m and p direct at thefastone.com i think they have for about 20 quid a none slip cover which works well

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online