DT 175 MX problem.

Pete of Kettering
This post is 4620 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I am new to this forum and posted this somewhere else but this seems to be the place, hope so :eusa_think: .

I am restoring a 78 dt 175 mx it cost £370 and was basicly sound underneath all the oily mud :eusa_whistle:

My problem is the cdi unit was in the place that the tool kit should b, so i don't know where it should be, i can't see any obvious brackets.

If anyone could tell me where the cdi unit goes i would be most greatfull!!! Thanks Pete.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right hand side of the bike behind the side panel pete, it has a rubber strap which slides on a bracket attached to the inner plastic mudguard. Have a look at the picture in this ebay link and see the grey (zinc plate) bracket at the top left of the picture

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-DT175MX-inner-mudguard-/300593714269?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45fcc8145d

And trere was me thinking there was nowhere for it to go because there are no brackets for it on the frame..it never occured to me that it would go on the inner mudguard that isn't on the bike yet.

Problem solved..Thanks a lot.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online