FZ600 Wont Start

madandy
This post is 7053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys problem with the usually reliable fz. I just replaced the alternator and got me a new battery on tried to fire it up and it refuses.

The starter solenoid clicks once and the red oil light comes on .

A little frustrating as if you can be arsed it will start with a bump and runs great thereafter it just wont start on the button oil level looks ok but i just run out of ideas

Any suggestions would be very gratefully reveived

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like a bad connection somewhere between battery and starter...i'm not a electrician or anything so thats a guess :mellow:

experience i've had points to the battery is it charged ? :mellow:

sounds like a bad connection somewhere between battery and starter...i'm not a electrician or anything so thats a guess  :mellow:

experience i've had points to the battery is it charged ?  :mellow:

Definately not the battery its just a few months old and has been on charged overnight so its not that i will try the starter motor direct from somewhere but thanks for your suggestion as its all appreciated

If you can HotWire it.......(Screwdriver across both posts on the starter)....& it starts, then maybe the starter button itself might need tending to :icon_question:

Thoroughly clean the starter button assembly & lube it well with WD.....

Just a thought ;)

• Admin

Yeah as scott says check that the actual starter is turning, as it could also be the connections at the end of the solenoid. The solenoid may be throwing across but when it reaches the contact which makes the connection to start the starter maybe dirty.

Yeah as scott says check that the actual starter is turning, as it could also be the connections at the end of the solenoid. The solenoid may be throwing across but when it reaches the contact which makes the connection to start the starter maybe dirty.

tried that and the starter turns however i took my batt back to the shop got the guys to test it and they happily ordered me a replacement battery so suugests it might not be quite riight .Whilst looking around i thought i would undo every single connector and clean it up ,i put an old battery on it hooked it up to my car with jump leads and after a few minutes it started so i can only assume one of the connectors was creamed.Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

Andy

thanx for the suggestions guys got it sorted and have been to work on it today and i have to say its better than its ever been .I got on the dual carriageway and let rip off the roundabout ,unlike before there was now hesitation and the acceleration was smooth right from the second i cracked it open

yeaha

once again thanx guys :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online