What d'ya think of my new bike?!

iSoupz
This post is 4661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know in a previous post (to anybody that may have seen it) I mentioned I had an XJ600, but the truth is: I hadn't bought it yet, somebody was just waiting for me to buy it off them.

HOWEVER, I now have it and it's all legally mine and shizz.

I'd like to know what you all think of it.

2ushjbb.jpgopn1p5.jpg

I paid £400 for it. It's on a 2000 plate (X Reg).

It has Black touring fairing (as seen in the pictures).

It has a Nexus exhaust and it also has heated grips.

So, opinions? :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The XJ series are renowned for reliability and cheap no nonsence commuting/touring - you,ve got yourself a classic there m8

not sure about the grafted on fairing tho' :o , would look a million miles better if it was removed/removed and coloured the same as the rest of the bike maybe? :)

happy daze !

You've got a bulletproof bike there - my XJ600N never let me down. The XJ600S that I got given hadn't been started in over 2 years. Put some fresh juice in, realized it had all fallen out of the big hole in the bottom, put a fresh tank on (thanks ebay!) more fresh fuel and a fresh battery and it started after about 10 seconds and ran like a dream!

I have heard of examples used by bike couriers with 250k miles plus on them and still going strong.

Sounds like a great price, too!!

Take good care of it and it'll return the favour ;)

@barkwindjammer: Yeah, I want the fairing off it - could probably sell it for £100 maybe? Then I've got 1/4 of the cost back already, haha. Want to maybe streetfight the XJ into something a bit more snazzy.

@Screw: Glad to hear it's bullet proof! Don't think I'd get very far with it otherwise. I like to thrash my bikes a smidge!

@Ttask: I plan on treating it pretty well, assuming no scumbags from the local area try to steal it or kick it over like my last bikes! Might have to invest in some sort of anti-dickhead device...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online