top speed

picolpen
This post is 7067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Happy new year to all i have just become a member tonight. I ride a 535 Virago not my ideal bike but it was free and love it all the same. anyway. it was restricted to 33bhp i took a big kind of washer out of each exhaust oulet, but it still tops out at about 70-75 mph :( is there somthing else i should do or have i done somthing wrong. Any advice would be great :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have 535 top end is only about 75 My cousin said I was doing 80 once, but I think I must have been going down hill with the wind behind me. But they are great little cruisers and I have done many miles on mine and intend to do many more, yes a little more speed would be good now and then, so if you find a way please let me know.

33bhp and it only manages 75 mph ? that's really harsh.

I guess it's a bit like CG125's - everyone thought they were restricted to 12bhp until people figured out that 12bhp is all the engine can produce in stock trim - that's the way it is I'm afraid..

Get a sports bike if you need to go faster is your solution I suppose..

J

the 535 my old man had(just after market pipe) could top 90 ok :unsure: dunno about restricted ones though. is the washer in the exhaust the only bit they restrict them?

A guy i work with reckons his girlreind got a ton on her 535 but i suspect him of talking bollocks. I shall be enquiring as to how she did it

Any way a new problem has arisen The starter motor spins when i push the button but nowt happens :angry: any ideas on this little problem will be super

i feel relived that its not supposed to go that fast i thought i'd bust it